- Navionics – Please do yourself a favor and purchase the Navionics app for your iPhone or Android device! Buying maps that cover the U.S. & Canada costs $14.99 and is well worth it. This can act as a backup navigation device (charts are as good as the chartplotter), and it has several terrific planning functions including tide tables and current information. http://www.navionics.com/mobile-pc-app
- Anchor Alarm - This is a must for spending the night on the hook! It will alarm if the boat drifts beyond your set limit.
- Weatherbug – Good weather overview, non-marine forecasts, make sure to get marine weather!
(Official Marine WX on Gateway’s site: http://gatewayyachts.com/fishing-and-weather-reports)
- WSDOT – Great tool for ferry routes and maps. Also excellent for traffic and pass conditions –
- Fun Speedometer app with anchor alarm (can set in feet) and other terrific functions: Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.meditgbr.android.tacho&hl=en